“Jean Cummings' expertise in resume writing and career marketing is second to none. A gifted "intuitive," Jean can magically capture the essence of your most marketable career value ... and an exceptional writer, she converts your career value into a meaningful and memorable message that will give you the career mobility and mastery you desire.” Susan Whitcomb, President, The Academies
Hello! Welcome to my About page. Jean Cummings here. I'd like to tell you a little bit about me and what I do.
As an executive resume writer for technology executives, my job is to create a "living, breathing" executive synopsis about my client's unique and awesome personal brand to capture recruiter attention and interviews. I write executive resumes, LinkedIn profiles, cover letters and other critical brand communications. I also coach my clients to job search using current best practices, interview brilliantly, and negotiate a high salary based on the value proposition we have developed together.
I was one of the early adopters of the Reach Personal Branding methodology in the early 2000s, because I resonated with its deep-dive approach to unearthing Brand You. Throughout my career I have found joy in helping individuals open up to their greatest possibilities through a recognizing, honoring, and lifting up of their one-of-a-kind constellation of attributes, abilities, and values.
What skills do you need to have to be successful at what I do?
- Intuition. It enables me to quickly see what is unique and valuable in my clients and their careers.
- Ability to see the pattern hidden in my client's achievements and painting it into a vivid picture of who they are professionally.
- Creativity. I am continually innovating in terms of visual design, so that my executive resumes are distinctive and direct the eye to the critical parts of the brand and the signature accomplishments of a career (for a fast 15-second read).
- Verbal facility, especially now, when Twitter and email have set the standard for communication brevity. That means paring the writing down to be increasingly spare, and then sparer still.
- Knowledge of what is important to hiring authorities for the specific job titles I write for, so I can present it front and center.
I deeply admire my clients for their gifts, their integrity, and their commitment to what they do. I am privileged to get to know them up close in this vital way.
I love the Q&A: "What does the universe ask of you? That which only you can give." It captures the heart of what I do for a living.
Jean Cummings is a career consultant who specializes in helping executives, managers and professionals in technology functions or companies land their next positions.
She distills complex careers into high-impact branded executive resumes and other branding documents. Her job search and interview training offerings give clients the tools they need to attract and negotiate job offers. She also works with clients specifically on unearthing and expressing their personal brands.
Jean is known for bringing intelligence and creativity to the products and services that she offers. She is an award-winning Certified Professional Resume Writer, Certified Employment Interview Professional, and Certified Personal Branding Strategist. She is also certified in Online Identity Management and in the analysis of the Reach 360 Assessment instrument.
Jean is the author of "Turbocharged Networking for $100K+ Jobs - 5 Steps to Job Search Success" published by Happy About Publishers.
Jean holds a Master’s degree from Harvard University and graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Mt. Holyoke College with a Bachelor’s degree. After her education, Jean was employed as a teacher and tutor of moderate special needs children. For the past 17 years, she has owned and operated her company, A Resume For Today, LLC.